Native Vote 2020 Community Grants Application
The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is committed to American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN) exercising their right to vote in all tribal, local, state, and federal elections through nonpartisan activities and education. To meet this commitment, we rely on our tribal nations, partner organizations, and tribal citizens to become actively engaged in the campaign.
Background: Native Vote is a nonpartisan initiative focused on Voter Registration and Get-Out-The-Native Vote, Election Protection, Education, and Data Collection. This initiative was created to encourage the AI/AN population to exercise their right to vote and works to protect voting rights across the country. Tribal nations are America’s first governments, and Native Vote works to ensure all tribal citizens participate in shaping the future of their communities.
Community Mini Grants – NCAI is offering Community Mini Grants for projects in support of its Native Vote campaign for the 2020 election cycle. Please note: NCAI will consider funding projects/events in whole or part up to a maximum of $2,000 per tribal organization.
Grantees must be:
- A Native non-profit organization that has strong outreach over a state or region of the country (upon submission, additional documentation maybe requested for verification)
- Committed to providing a detailed report documenting impact (example: number of people reached and events held)
- Committed to maintaining active engagement in the Native Vote campaign (participating in outreach via social media, coordinator calls and meetings, and host trainings and webinars)
Possible activities/events include but are not limited to the following:
- Holding events to educate tribal citizens on Native Vote and preparing them to vote in their area for the 2020 election cycle
- Creating advertisements or public service announcements to educate and share with tribal communities to encourage more participation in the 2020 election cycle
- Ordering Native Vote merchandise for tribal nations/communities
The upcoming 2020 election cycle will be the most consequential in recent history. The failure to fully register and vote by the AI/AN population could result in devastating consequences, including reductions in access to federal and state services and resources and representation. Apply today for the opportunity to receive funding to drive awareness around the importance of participating in the 2020 election cycle.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. Please contact Matt Johnson, at email@example.com with any questions. To apply, please fill out the form and send to:
National Congress of American Indians
C/O Matt Johnson, Civic Engagement Associate
1516 P Street, NW Washington, DC 20005
Fax Number: (202) 466-7797